Monday, September 13, 2010

Aventuras en salsa haciendo :Part 1

Happy Tuesday wonderful people!

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty awesome! But first off I just want take a minute to remember all those who lost their lives due to the tragic events on 9/11. I'll never forget waking up that morning and wondering why the tv screen was showing only smoke. I also send a big prayer out to those who lost family members and those who are dealing with major health concerns from the event. You will always be in our hearts!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I was off to my mom's place this past weekend for some serious salsa making! We started off our crazy Saturday with an early morning walk to grab a tea! We walked down town and grabbed some Starbucks while snooping at the farmer's market. They wouldn't let us buy anything as I guess it was vendor's only buying time...bummer! As we had a million peppers/onions/tomatoes to chop, we needed to skidaddle.


I started the day with a cherry bomb shake - Kristen's recipe minus the hemp protein but with some romaine lettuce and coconut water added.


Take out my primrose oil, and you've got yourself a day job!

We chopped everything by hand as our food processor just not giving us the consistency that we wanted. Basically, it was making soup LOL!


From the bottom to the top - orange pepers, roma tomatoes, yellow peppers, and onions.

Mmm...the house was smelling pretty amazing:)


The goodness waiting to seal!

This bowl of salsa was from one of our last batches..and since this was at the 10 hour mark of our marathon of salsa making, we forgot to add in the vinegar LOL! We will have to mix a good batch with this one!

All was well in Nemo sleep land while the insane chopping, and cooking and canning
was happening!


Half-way there! We ended up making 70-something jars!


And this is what happens when you have been canning for 10 hours..nothing makes it into the jar! ...and you forget the vinegar LOL!

And then the wine came out! Unfortunately it was horrible. I didn't read the year on it and discovered it was only 2009 so it haden't fermented enough yet! Oh well. I slept like a baby anyways!

I'll be sharing part 2 of my weekend adventures tomorrow plus the recipe for our "secret" salsa and a tomatillo salsa that is out of this world!

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Nelly said...

fun times!!! looks like you ladies worked VERY hard and one sweet kitten too!!! =)

i'm sure it will taste fantastic without the vinegar!!!!

too bad about the wine...

can't wait to read more...

i will also never forget 9/11...to think about the horror that all of those people lives through and to think about the innocent lives lost...and the families that are still mourning the loss of their loved ones...my heart hurts!

have a beautiful tuesday my friend!

Katie said...

The cat looks about how I imagine you guys felt. That is some serious canning you did!

Laury@The Fitness Dish said...

My client just did a ton of canning, it smelled wonderful when I went there to train her...so I can imagine how great your place smelled!!!!

And again, adorable Nemo pic :-)

Cosmic said...

Nemo is just too cute for words!

xoxoxox

Maggie said...

Aww that looked like a blast! So much salsa, love it! Can't wait for the recipes :D We are total salsa addicts here too :D