Friday, September 10, 2010

Dealing!

Hey All!

Happy Friday! Hope you are all doing well. I'm doing..okay. There are some inner demons or "unwelcomed guests" that I'm struggling to deal with. So this week I was feeling pretty low.

I overthink many things...and this overthinking can be destructive to my self esteem.

Yet, I want to share with you something that happened this morning that showed me the universe is listening. I received my email from The Daily Love, as usual, but I felt like this email was MADE for me at that particular moment.

PS to me the universe means something that relates to my beliefs..but I like the word universe because I feel more people can connect with that. Just a thought of mine anyways:)

"I found that every single successful person I've ever spoken to had a turning point and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50 and most never make it at all."

- Brian Tracy, is a best-selling author and speaker.

THIS IS ME!!! I want so much more out of life. I know I can get it if I just take a leap of faith and put myself out there.

So here are some goals I'm working on..I need to say them out loud, release them to the universe, and get working!

1. Set up a kombucha-brewing community in my house. Yes folks..I want to make tons of my new favorite drink and I want to sell it at my local market/craigslist...and whatever comes after that! 3 months

2. Meet people who share my passions. I have made such wonderful friends through blogging but I need that face-to-face connection too. I haven't spoken much about this topic..but moving to a town where you don't have a buddy to just talk about life with..well, it's hard. People aren't going to come knocking at my door either so I need to find some local groups and get involved!
3 months

3. Kick some serious booty in my course! What course is it? organic chemistry! I know, I know why would I re-take such tortuous-wanna-peck-your-eyeballs-out course? I need to get over the belief that has tormented me since I was little - YOU ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH, YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES. So, basically, I'm taking a hard course to teach myself the hard lesson of believing 1,000,000% in myself. This ties in to the whole applying for naturopathic school thing. 6 months to complete

4. Experiment more and more in the kitchen. I love to cook but I am not confident in whipping a meal up without a recipe. I know a little about which flavors combine well but not enough. I had 2 recipe failures this week...well 3 if you count the half unedible cookies LOL! I was bummed but I need to get right back in there and tweak that recipe. I think I'm also going to take some courses to up my knife skills as they are ...umm...non-existant?
Ongoing...classes next month

There you have it my beautiful bloggies!! My goals for the rest of the year and onward! I feel better already that I wrote about it. I want to share with you my struggles because I feel less alone that way, I want to be as real as possible on my blog, and I feel like I can make a connection with others who are possibly facing something similar. So I hope you don't mind:) The poem below was from the same Daily Love email and it's quite amazing!


The Guest House
by Rumi

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.


So, my dears, have an amazing weekend. I'm headed to visit my mom this weekend for a very special event- salsa making! My mom used to make tons of it when I was in university and now that I have a more keen interest in the goodness of homemade foods, I'm rolling up my sleeves to help out! I'm SO excited as we ran out of our last years batch in March! We love salsa in our household and I put it on everything from quinoa to baked squash to sweat potato fries. Ahh bliss! I'll be sure to share the adventures with you all. I picked up local bell peppers (no-spray), organic onions, and organic cilantro to take along.I filled a whole shopping cart with produce yesterday. I had many people ask me what I was up to lol! My mom and my aunt picked roma tomatoes at an organic farm in Oliver this week so we are ready to rock and roll. Oh how I love local food!!


What are you preserving this year? Any yearly family traditions involved?



Me and this guy(plus mouser!) wish you a fantastic weekend. Yes, he's sleeping in a cloth grocery bag LOL!

11 comments:

Cosmic said...

Everything will be just fine! Glad you've got that out of the system, Melissa!

Have a great weekend full of fun and joy:)

xoxoxo

Cosmic said...

Your ginger little furry friend is so cute:)

Melissa said...

Hey Cosmic - thank you hun for sweet comment! Nemo thanks you for the love:)

Nelly said...

i believe we are kindred spirits i feel the same way...i think TOO much...and i can get pretty low...

i love your goals...and i know you will succeed...i wish i was your next door neighbour...god we would have so much fun...and ya know, i totally believe in the universe and i believe the universe helps us if we just ask it to!!!

love ya chickie...have fun with your mama...and enjoy the salsa!!!

<3

have a beautiful weekend...give your furry ginger baby a kiss from me please!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck with organic chemistry!! I just completed 1 & 2..and actually had to retake org. 2 after failing the class. Don't let that get yuo down though! I had an absolute horrible teacher where over 85% of his class failed (and he MADE it that way!) The second time I took it with a diff. prof. I came out with a B..so it's possible. :)

HiHoRosie said...

love love love the pic of Nemo! So cute and sweet.

Great goals Melissa! I'm rootin' you on and no doubt now that it's "out there" you'll find great success. Wishing you all the best dear friend!

Laury @The FitnessDish said...

The Kombucha biz sounds awesome!!!!

I just loooove your kitty :-)

Maggie said...

I love your goals and I think they are all do-able! I totally agree with you sometimes it just needs to be written out to get it out there and re-focus. I should probably do the same..life goes by so fast at times that I tend to forget the path i'm on.

*hugs to you*
PS your kitty is so adorable! My lil one LOVES that picture, especially since kitty is cuddling a stuffie :)

Anonymous said...

We should meet face to face! I'm looking for new friends that share the same interests as me - and we live fairly close by!

I can be a part of making #2 happen! haha.

Love your blog - do you have something where I can subscribe to it somehow?

Torri

Melissa said...

Hey Nelly - Oh you and your words...they mean a lot! I think that I don't do enough asking..I do too much fretting LOL! thanks for your insight!

Hey Mary - I just have to say that is BRUTAL that your teacher did that to the class..hate it! I had a similar situation but my teacher was more using the scare tactics which didn't help my fragile self esteem. Later I found out that a certain group of students were visiting his offic about a week before exams and basically telling them what was going to be on it...grr!

Hey Heidi - You are such a doll. Thank you so much for your support!

Hey Laury - Thanks for the Nemo love..I think him and munchkin would be buds:)

Hey Maggie - It's so true isn't it? Life just takes us places sometimes and it's sometimes hard to re-focus again! You can do it!
AWE!! thanks for the Nemo love. Glad your little one loves it:)

Hey Torri - I would love to meet up!! I'll email you and we can figure something out:) I don't have anything to subscribe..thanks for the reminder..I'll work on something:)

Anonymous said...

Melissa - I never saw this until now. I thought you dissed me! hahaha!

you can email me through the lowfatcheeseblog@yahoo.com email!