Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Have you heard about Tapping?

Happy Tuesday!

I received an email from a bunch of people, including Nomi Shannon about a free online event about tapping. Tapping involves mind body medicine and needle-free acupuncture. There are certain points in the body called meridian energy points that were discovered by eastern medical doctors more than 5000 years ago. When you tap your fingers along these points while saying positive affirmations, you release emotional blockages and restore the mind-body balance. Now, I'm pretty skeptical about techniques or programs that involve "feelings" or emotions but I did a little research on this technique and there are many, many people in the health and coaching community who support this amazing technique. Some of these include Dr. Mercola, Deepak Chopra, Bob Proctor ( author of "The Secret"), and Cheryl Richardson. What I like about it is that there is a scientific basis to it and its not all psychological. There also has been a lot of research completed on this technique which can be found here. So, I signed up for the event! The 2010 Tapping World Summit is FREE and its a great way to get introduced to this technique. I'm going to learn as much as I can and try out the technique myself. I know I have a few emotional blockages that could be taken care of , so it couldn't hurt to try it out! Head to the site and sign up for the event which is now underway! Let me know what you think too!

1 comment:

Treasure Tapping said...

Hi Melissa, nine years later and the Tapping World Summit is still going strong, even stronger! I had my first Summit in 2012 and have attended each year since that. Do you still attend the Summits?