Friday, August 6, 2010

Operation beautiful- What I wish was written in my high school bathroom

Happy Friday everyone!

Is it just me or are you feeling the immense love and community from what one little post it started? WOW! I am taken away by all the beautiful posts and stories that bloggers are sharing to celebrate the release of Caitlin's book. I don't have enough time to link to them all so please check out her blog for a list! I truly wish Caitlin and her amazing idea were around when I was a young girl as that little boost of self confidence growing up was needed (or at least I did). So, even though I'm all about being present, I want to write a couple post-its to myself when I was younger. I hope this will inspire some young girls out there:)







I was crying at this one! Still to this day I don't know who my father is. I'll share the story about why and what I plan on doing to find him.










This was so powerful for me, I can't even tell you. I am pretty much crying at my desk. See?? those post-its have some crazy power!! I loved doing this post and sharing a little bit about myself.

Have the most beautiful weekend my dearest readers! I'm off on a little vacay so I'll chit chat with you all on Tuesday.

PS YOU ARE LOVED..BIG TIME!!!

PPS if you want that post-it picture I found it on stock Xchng

12 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Awesome! I wish I had similar ones growing up too. Especially the one about when people say nice things to you. It's easy to downplay those comments or brush them off completely - it's sad really.

Not sure I'll ever know/meet my bio-dad ever. We know each other exists but that's about it. I'm okay with it. But who knows. I hope all the best for you on your journey.

Maybe with Caitlin's inspiration and our experiences we can help our children and others to know their self-worth and believe it. :)

Maggie said...

Beautiful post Melissa, thank you for sharing those thoughts and feelings with us :)

evergreen said...

I am just finding out about 'Operation Beautiful' and think it's a great idea! Love the notes you created...you ARE beautiful:)

Melissa said...

Hey Heidi - We have so much in common!! WOW..I hear you. I'm okay with it but if I can find him I think it would be amazing..even if he doesn't want anything to do with me..at least I'll know:) I'm totally passing Caitlin's message onto my babies..so important:)

Hey Maggie - Thanks hun!! You are welcome:)

Hey Angela - Thank you for your sweetness (as usual). You are beautiful too, my dear!!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

I plan on doing a lot of crying once I get Caitlyn's book. We all had a lot of issues when we were young girls, it is SO hard being a teen. I am sorry to hear you never met your father, but happy to hear you found some confort in these notes. My father died when I was 4, my mother was 6 months pregnant with my brother...she re-married when I was 7, but I still always felt like there was something missing, I never really felt like I fit in anywhere.

I love these post-its you posted, thanks for sharing!!

have a great little vaca, girl!!

xoxo

Nelly said...

i love you...you are sooooo beautiful my friend!!!!

<3

Cosmic said...

Awesome post, Melissa!

Have agreaaaaaaaaaaat day:0)

xoxoxo

kelli said...

this is so touching - thank you for sharing!xoxo

Nikki said...

Just now getting the "post-it" about this book and I'm so curious! Have to check it out, looks AMAZING. I teared up reading your post-its. Love the positive messages, and love that you are brave enough to share some personal stuff.

shesarunner said...

Thank you so much for sharing all of these! They are truly beautiful notes, and I'm happy that you're opening up and sharing these things, because I'm sure a lot of us could have used these notes as young girls too (and maybe even now).
You are such a beautiful person- never forget that and never change! You are perfect the way you are. xoxo

Lori- what runs lori said...

Ah, you are wonderful.
O.B. is amazing. Amazing. Such positive things we all need to say to ourselves and share with others.

You are loved, Melissa.

:)
whatrunslori.com

Melissa said...

Hey Laury - I'm so sorry about your Dad:( What a difficult time it must have been for your family! And I totally understand about nothing fitting in....now we fit in together:)

Hey Nelly - I love you lady!!!! You are STUNNING!!!

Hey Cosmic - Thank you so much!! Have a great day too:)

Hey Kelli - Thanks hun:)

Hey Nikki - Thank you for your kind words hun. You will love Operation Beautiful:)

Hey Lauren - AHHH..you and your writing again..it's so beautiful:) Thank you for all you said!! YOU are beautiful too my dear:)

Hey Lori - OB is truly amazing!! You are beautiful Lori and I totally loved your post btw..awesome!