Thursday, January 27, 2011

shopping loot and Jillian

No you aren't seeing things. I am actually writing two posts in one day. Strange yes but I feel the urge to write so I'm going for it!

I finally made it into the closest health food store today. I needed some goodies and well, I ended up with a whole lot more! Although I did draw the line at the $15 bottle of macadamia nut oil..next time!



The biggest collard leaves I've ever seen!! These were destined for wraps:)

Biodegradable kitchen bags, Amazing Grass sampler, ginkgo leaves (going to try it in a tea), whole dulse (my favorite kind!), veggie cubes, detox sprouting seed mix

 I love Vega but sometimes I just want the protein. So, I found this hemp protein that hopefully tastes okay. I love quinoa pasta! It's so awesome. Pricey, but awesome. As pasta is a rarity in my house I'm okay with spending the big bucks every couple of months. I'll share what I used the pasta for soon:)


Chia seeds for more protein puddings of course!

That's right, I'm one step closer to making VOO. I think tonight's the night..wahoo!!

Now onto some fitness!! I finally caved and got a copy of  Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I don't plan to use her program for 30 days, just for days when I'm short on time or want a little something different.

I did Level 1 today and wow, I am humbled. I was cocky and used 20lbs of weight...ya well within a couple minutes of the strength circuit I was using only the one ten pound weight in two hands. I only have one 5lb dumbbell in the house and so I think I better buy another one because 20 lbs of weight was WAY too much. Lesson learned. If the trainers are only using two 5lb weights, don't think you can up them!

 Yep, Jillian kicked my but...and my hair..ugh

All in all I really liked the workout and it went by super fast! Nice variety and no "cheeze" which a lot of workout DVD's seem to have.

Have you tried her DVD's? What did you think?

Have a great night everyone! I'm off to a conference for work tomorrow then it's the weekend..wahoo! Have a great time and I'll be back soon with a delish casserole recipe.
XOXO






10 comments:

Maggie said...

Great purchases at the health food store!

And guess what!? I'm doing the 30 day shred as well! I joined a challenge online and we are on day 17! It's quite fun isn't it :D When I read you tried 20lb weights my mouth dropped open, lol! I do 5lb weights and have upped to 10lb weights in both hand on certain exercises.
The first 4 days of the shred lvl 1 are pretty tough...but just wait till you get to lvl 2. Everyone says it's the toughest. I'm on day 7 of it and is still not any easier than day 1 :D

Have fun with it!
~Maggie

HiHoRosie said...

Hey purty lady! WTG on the workout! I need to get my butt in gear - Jillian would kick my butt and then some. ;) Nice purchases too. Those collards are amazing!

Nelly said...

omg!!! i have been trying to find a workout video i can do using weights...THANK YOU SO MUCH for this post...you rock my lady!!!

Nelly said...

guess what?! i just ordered the video!!!!

i'll be getting my butt kicked too!

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

Your gorgeous!!!! I love this pic ;)


This protein powder is my favourite....it is so tasty in smoothies and baking.....yummmm

xxoo

kelli said...

nice loot! i want macadamia nut oil too. and great pic of you! xoxo

Melissa said...

Hey maggie- that's awesome you are doing the whole program.Let me know how it goes. I couldn't believe how level one took me for a ride lol. I'm scared for level 2!

Hey heidi - 20 minutes and you get a sweet workout! Would be great for you being a busy momma!

Hey nelly- congrats on getting the dvds !! Let me know how you like them!! You go girl!

Hey Kris- oooh if you use it for baking it must be good..yum!! Thanks for the photo love!!

Hey kelli- ooh I know it was so hard to not take it lol!!

Stephanie said...

You still look pretty awesome for after a workout lady! Great purchases at the health food store. That stuff gets mighty draining on the pocketbook...but health is WORTH it!!

Melissa said...

Hey Stepanie! Welcome!! HA..thanks for the picture love..I appreciate it:) Oh man, the pocketbook totally was hit with a dent on that day but at least some of that stuff lasts for 2,3, 4+ weeks. At least that's how I justify it lol!

(what runs) Lori said...

Shhhhhweaty messes! I LOVE it!

And I love the qunioa "pasta"