Thursday, January 6, 2011

I made it through!!

Happy Thursday night bloggies!!

Thank you for all your support for my interview and the sweet comments about the "boys" and us looking for a new puppy.

Thanks Bitt for even tweeting about my previous post. That was so kind of you:)

Well, the interview is over and I'm at home trying to come off the adrenalin high:) I don't like waiting games. I'm kind of impatient.Especially when it comes to finding out if my life is about to change in a HUGE way.

It went pretty well..I think. It's so hard to answer multiple questions when you only have a few minutes with each interviewer but I tried my best. I'm kind of hard on myself too but I made the decision to not spend the next week going over the interview in my head a million times and asking the what-if's as I normally would do. I may not have given the BEST answers I could (who does in a time-restricted interview?) but I still tried to be as honest and thoughtful as possible given the circumstances. I learned a lot from each interviewer and got an even greater insight into the field and what kind of person they are looking for. Hopefully it's me:)

I talked to the other interviewee's and we all felt similarly about the process - sometimes you caught yourself rambling, sometimes you were stumped for an answer, certain interviewers were easier than others, and sometimes you wished you were on a beach in Hawaii (okay maybe this last one was only me).

The questions were pretty typical of interviews except I expected more to be based directly on my application. Live and learn. There were a lot of hypothetical situation questions, questions on stress management, sustainability, course load, and of course the biggest question "Why do you want to become a naturopathic doctor."

I find out either way in a week or so. Talk about pins and needles!!! I'm going to be glued to my phone during business hours and anyone wanting to talk more than a minute will have to call back after 5pm..including customers Ha! I may need to change my voicemail message!

There are three possibilities -

1. I get in - YIPEE!!
2. I don't get in - poop!!!
3. I get placed in limbo - I can get put into the "maybe" category where I have to wait it out until April to see if I get a spot. I really hope that I don't end up here. Recall the I'm-not-patient aspect.

I'm remaining positive and that's all I can do at this point! Please send some good vibes my way and maybe a time warp machine while you're at it:)

Thanks again for all your support!! I really appreciate it!
Have a great night everyone

7 comments:

kelli said...

glad it went well! xoxo

HiHoRosie said...

I've got my fingers crossed it went so well that you realize option 1! Can't wait to hear!

Melissa said...

Hey Kelli and Heidi - Thanks for the support ladies!!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Ohhh, best of luck with the interview! I am sure you nailed it, Melissa! Don't beat yourself up over "what if's" they will only drive you crazy!!


Sending positive vibes your way :-)

Have a great weekend!

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

I am so happy it went well doll!!! My fingers, toes and good thoughts are crossed for you!

you deserve all the happiness to come your way and for you to live your passion!!

xxoo

bitt said...

I knew you would do great. Fingers crossed for ya!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate interviews! I'm not a "think off the top of my head" kind of person and always freeze, sometimes even when I know the answer.

I wish you all good things, and GOOD LUCK!

~Torri