Friday, March 4, 2011

Fueling up!

Happy Friday everyone!

 Long time no see, hey? This week was intense for me. So much going on!!

Doctor visit (it had been two years since I had a date with the blue paper robe..eek!)
Blood testing/skin testing for school ( Serious testing including TB, HIV, Hep C, and Hep B)
Travelling to the US for work
study, study, study

Deep down I do kind of like the craziness but only for a little while:)

Yesterday I made a commitment to myself to leave the house and go to the library to study where there would be no distractions. I'm finding myself giving in to watching TV with the hubby or cook or do anything else BUT study. Library to the rescue!

I managed to get in 3 1/2 hours of solid book time. I left with a bounce in my step! It felt great to really grind through some of the dry material. Plus after 7pm I was pretty much the only person in the library.

But before I took off to the library I had to get my nutrition in! I made a quick stop for some dates and then got down to business.

Remember my wheatgrass babies?





All grown up:)


I used one whole tray of wheat grass (not as thick as the stuff in the pict), carrots, celery, cucumber, parsley, apple, and ginger. Awesome!! I'm very obsessed with juices lately.
My juicer doesn't do a great job juicing the wheatgrass so I think it's time I invest in a separate juicer specialized for wheatgrass, Any suggestions?

Chia pudding with 1/2 banana, a few cashews, chocolate hemp protein powder, splash of mylk, and cinnamon


And these chocolate covered carrot cake protein bars. Recipe to come! I just need to tweak it a bit.

Out the door with delicious food in hand in under 30 minutes:)

This morning I switched schedules and started at 9am instead of 7am. So I took advantage of the extra time and snuck in a workout. First I had a date with Jillian and then ventured outside to the beautiful, but frosty morning. I walked to the nearby elementary school and ran intervals on the crispy field. The sun came out for a brief visit too which I LOVED.

Oh morning workouts how I love thee! It was a great way to start a Friday.

Have a great weekend everyone! One more week of craziness and then I can relax a little. I sure hope to increase my 1 post record from this week though:(

XOXO


4 comments:

Nelly said...

yah t.v. is a really big distraction for me too...especially when i am suppose to be exercising...which i haven't done yet...haha!

anywho...those carrot protein bars LOOOOOOOOOOK to die for...

i say this all the time...and i think it all the time...i wish we were neighbours!!!!

(what runs) Lori said...

Oh my- cannot wait for that carrot cake protein bar recipe- the chocolate on top looks awesome.
And your wheatgrass! All grown up... and juice time!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

bitt said...

Have the kitties gotten into the grass yet?

I have a juicer just for wheat grass called the Healthy Juicer. It's small and only $40. Good deal.

Maggie said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to the day! Way to go, working out first thing in the morning. The day always feels so good after a morning workout.

Can't wait to hear all about the chocolate covered carrot cake protein bars!