Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For just a little while

Happy Tuesday folks!


             Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods! Today I've come to share with you the reason I'm going on a little vacation from my blog.


Lately I've had this overwhelming pull to unplug. I spend a lot of time online and it's becoming too much. I find that I'm forcing myself to pump out posts and I feel like it's showing in my writing. I would cruise around the blogosphere for hours but I just don't have that urge anymore. So, I want to step back and take some time away to regroup and to come up with some fresh ideas.

This is not one of those I'm-going-to-take-a-week-off-and-then-you-never-see-me-again posts. No way! I just need to re-charge my creative juices and start taking some risks!

I want to thank everyone who reads my little blog. You are all so inspirational and I can't wait to come back and hand back some of that inspiration!

I also am frustrated with my camera. It's not my camera...it's me! I haven't taken the time to learn the basics and because I usually take my pictures at night that ads to my frustration with lighting etc. I am going to take some time and learn some basics and set up something like a light box or maybe light bouncing props like Averie so geniously made! I want the process to be enjoyable and the only way that is going to happen is if I invest some time into learning a few things.

So, I'm off for just a little while but don't fret I'll be back before you know it! Thank you for your understanding and hope to see you when I return:) XOXOXO

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy unplugment. :) Come back soon!

HiHoRosie said...

Enjoy the time off and we'll be here waiting for your return. Don't be gone long. ;)

kelli said...

enjoy your sabbatical! i hope it's a short one!=)

xoxoxo

bitt said...

I so understand the need to unplug! I sometimes get posts ready ahead of time so I don't have to post much during times when I just don't feel like writing.

I try to take most of my pictures during the day and outside. It really helps make a mediocre camera better.

Enjoy the time off.

Nelly said...

i love and adore you...and i say, take all the time you need...

i've been feeling the same way as of late...i just haven't had the energy to even decide if i need a break or a complete break-up!

take care darling...*hugs*

Nikki said...

Have a great break! We'll be here when you return :)

Anonymous said...

enjoy the little break! I've done that before, it does help.

my boyfriend teaches an increasingly popular DSLR photography class, you should take it, you'll learn TONS in 3 hours. He's quite the teacher apparently lol. He's an expert in lighting too, so you could ask him about lighting stuff :-)

See the link below.

http://www.peracollege.com/NewProgramPage.aspx?CategoryId=165&ResourceId=1

Take care!
Torri

Maggie said...

I hope your doing well hun! I've unplugged a few times from blogging too :) It can be one of the best decisions you make to recharge.

Talk to you soon!
Maggie :)