Sunday, March 14, 2010

Smooth Ride and painful birthday presents!

Hey Everyone!



How has your weekend been? I'm having a great time socializing with family and friends. Yesterday we went to downtown Vancouver and it was great. I love the vibe on West 4th and Kits. My favorite restaurant is The Naam. It is an all vegetarian, 24 hour restaurant of awesomness! We had the dragon bowl with tofu and miso gravy...beyond delicious! We hung out with some great friends and our godson. I'll post some picts soon! We love hanging out with them and talking and dreaming. We really missed them.

Let me step back a minute and talk about the ride down. It went really well. Nemo was great and we had no potty problems which was a relief. We spent the night in Penticton with my Mom and then headed out to the coast in the morning. The roads were fantastic and Nemo kept up his good behaviour and the ride went smoothly!


We just got back from our Naturopathic doctor who performed a procedure called PRP which stands for Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy. The gist of this therapy is that they take some of your blood and spin it down in a centrafuge. The blood is then split into platelets and the more dense red blood cells. They take the platelets and inject them in an area that you have an injury in. For me, the injury occured in my knees. I have micro-tears in my ACL. These platelets then proliferate into whatever cell they are injected into. For me the platelets are becoming ligament cells. This therapy is really popular with athletes and the sports scene due to the fast recovery time. I'm pretty sore right now and the pain during the therapy is pretty intense but...no pain, no gain! PS this was my birthday present to myself...funny hey?


Sorry for the cheapie post but I will be posting more later when I have some time! Have a great rest of your week! I'm off to enjoy a birthday dinner!

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

I'm late, but happy birthday!!!! Sounds like some fun things happening. Hope you're on the fast track to a full recovery too. Please keep us posted. Interesting procedure btw.