I can't believe we are on the eve of welcoming in a new year. 2010 was a fun year with lots of change and fun adventures.
Here's a short re-cap:
1. Lived in one of the beautiful cities for 9 months. There were many struggles and hard times but I look back at our time with great fondness. The good times definitely outweighed the bad!! We both grew in so many ways and I'm very grateful for that.
Also, let's not forget that Nelson was also the place where we welcomed Nemo into our family:)
Such a ball of love!!
2. After Ryan was finished school we finally got to move into the house we bought nearly a year before. I rented places all my life and it was surreal to walk into the house that we bought together.
3. I entered into the Turbulance Training Transformation Contest. I didn't win but what I got out of the experience was more than worth it.
4. I ventured into many different food realms. There was the fermentation projects, fruit picking, many local farm visits, canning adventures, and chocolate journeys, amongst many others.
5. Changed my attitude from a lot of negative, to a lot of positive! I used to talk about everything negative in my life and loathe in self-pity. There are lessons to be learned in good times and more importantly, in the bad. I cannot tell you how much this has improved my life!! I have a long way to go, but I feel more prepared to ride the wave of life than ever before.
6. I applied to ND school!! I've been dreaming of entering the field of naturopathy for a long time now and I can't believe 2011 could be the year I start school. January 6th is my interview and hopefully I'll know soon after if I'm in or not.
There was so much going on in 2010 but these are some of the biggies!! It's fun to look back at everything I accomplished and all the fun adventures.
2011 is going to bringing tons of new adventures and I'm so excited:)
Goals for 2011
1. Learn a new language. I love the Spanish language and so I'm going to find a class or use language software like RosettaStone.
2. Volunteer again. I think the local animal shelter is where I'm going to connect with.
3. Take photography classes. I could learn on my own but I really would like some extra guidance at the beginning to cement in the basic concepts.
4. Hike and camp more. I did neither last year and missed it so much.
5. Get defined abs. I have really wanted to "see" my abs for a long time and I've never actually pushed myself to the level that I need to in order for the definition to come. I'll talk more about this in the new year.
6. Try to tackle the emotional eating. I haven't talked much about this but I do have some emotional tenancies when it comes to food and eating past the point of being full.
7. Be more spontaneous!!!
8. Connect with friends more
What are your goals for the new year?
I wish you a wonderful night tonight whatever your New Years Eve brings!! Cheers to 2011!!!